“The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.”
A youth dream of mine was working in fashion beyond modelling. It was something I had put off for years, until a few years ago it made sense to give it a try, ask myself what I was waiting for, and explore the possibilities, part time at first, step by step. With the aid of assistive technology and working together, with people without who I could not do this for which I’m grateful, launched the fashion project on the backbone of years of IT, support, and art experience in business, government, and scientific environments.
Over the years I’ve had the privilege to assist with the styling of various women, with or without a disability, such as teachers, legal staff for example a lawyer, and a director in a Fortune 500 company. Since the fashion collection launched in 2014 it was received with overwhelming positive response, a coat collection that has been published by a magazine, and been requested to assist with styling a department and for a wedding. These things have helped build my confidence in this area, which I definitely needed in the beginning, and I’m grateful for the opportunity.
My fashion style is inspired by nature and the arts. The collection is oriented toward career and family minded women, who like a classic wardrobe with modern touches, ranging from casual to business and from daily use to formal. The goal is a style that helps you look good, fits both you and your lifestyle, that you are happy with, and is (close) within your budget.
Please enjoy your visit, and feel free to let me know if you run into any problems during your visit on the blog, have suggestions, or there is an item you would like to see in the fashion for her collection. I hope it helps you with that all important question: what am I going to wear?
Fields of study
Past and Present
- Fine Arts (Drawing, Painting, and Photography)
- Literature (American, British, Greco-Roman, Russian, and Asian Literature)
- Secretarial (in progress)
- Social Sciences (in progress on hold)
Fields of work
Past and Present
- Disability Policy & Law
- Fashion Sales & Styling
- Project Developer/ Leader/ Support
- ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament
- City of Delft, Archeology department
- City of Delft, Environmental department
- Holland Design
- IHS Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies
- IRC International Water and Sanitation Centre
- Special Olympics
- WELL resource centre for water, sanitation, and environmental health
- Paradox Interactive Modding Award
- Seasons Poetry, a website with international poetry, receiving 17 awards
- WordPress Honor Roll